This position will drive regional business unit growth in order to achieve corporate targets, and will be responsible for all consulting resources and portfolio activities. This position requires great technical management and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives. Additional commitments will be Business Development support for existing and new client development, all associated talent acquisition and consulting activities in order to achieve corporate growth targets.
- Profit and loss responsibility of regional Power Consulting Business, as per annual business targets.
- Manage resource scheduling and order fulfillment of all Power Consulting project orders.
- Drive an efficient consulting practice and monitor market rates to optimize billability.
- Maintain a 3-year business plan and drive new portfolio development for emerging consulting services.
- Manage talent acquisition, on-boarding, training, mentoring and development of personnel to support business targets.
- Manage client engagements, proposal generation and project management functions to deliver consulting services.
- Proactively manage inclusion and allocation of non-technical and third party resources that can be charged out.
- Leverage relationships with Energy and Industrial Business Units.
- Manage the Personal Development Process of the regional Consulting team.
- Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services and relationship building as necessary with existing and new clients.
- 10+ years of successful power engineering and/or consulting experience
- Demonstrated growth in power engineering and/or consulting leadership over career
- Proven track record of leadership performance
- Demonstrated financial acumen from a profit and loss perspective
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in related domain with a combination of technical and business experience in the Energy Sector
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencepower system, planning studies, state analysis, transmission planning, stability studies, power flow model, NERC, FERC, simulation model, simulation analysis, operation studies, power, energy, consulting, management, interconnection, ERCOT, ISO, MISO
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.