Responsible for communicating with customers, preparing proposals, and applying industry leading power system simulator software to solutions. Develops and drives innovative customer-need based solutions within the US market, facilitating growth of the software business.
Responsible for software proposal activities including but not limited to proposal team coordination, marketing, leading customer calls, communicating customer needs to the technical team, preparing cost/book numbers, and participating in proposal financial reviews.
- Own the development and execution of proposals in the US
- Drive technical discussions between the software internal team and the customer
- Establish customer partnerships to achieve business goals
- Promote customer satisfaction by exceeding customer needs
- Work directly with customers to increase product satisfaction
- Manage a variety of marketing activities; provide marketing feedback to the larger software team based on industry trends and customer knowledge
- Provide technical and commercial sales support to the sales team
- Communicate software features and functionality to support the sale of new software products/services/solutions
- Participate in US market software user group meetings
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve products, processes and customer experience
- Proactively seeks most up to date technology and industry trends; welcomes change as means to innovate
- Ability to communicate highly technical information clearly and concisely to peers and customers verbally, written communications and learning and training situations
- Minimum of 6 years in technical, power system protection software (CAPE, ASPEN, etc.) and/or electrical engineering within transmission and/or distribution protection
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field (Advanced degree in business is preferred)
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
- Extremely partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Understanding of power system software (Transmission Protection, Distribution Protection, short-circuit, etc.)
- Strong business and industry specific acumen
- 3-5 years of experience in the US Power industry
- Experience working within a matrix organization
- Ability to code in Python is strongly preferred
- C++, C#, and Java coding experience
- Proficiency in the use of PSSE, PSS SINCAL, PSS MOD, PSS ODMS is strongly preferred
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencecoordination studies, relay studies, transmission, power systems, CAPE, ASPEN, engineering, protection, software, PSS, PSSE, application engineering, utility, sales, high voltage, short circuit
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.