Job Title - Systems Development Officer
Pay rate - £29.09/hr Umbrella
To provide systems-focused business support to address the requirements and responsibilities of the service with regards to: general service provision; performance management, monitoring and reporting; business planning; and, budget management.
To lead the development and maintenance of the ICT systems used by the service within the corporate framework, including clienting the requirements, and managing the council-wide contract for the council's property-based business support system.
Key Unit Accountabilities:
1. To evaluate, commission, test and develop ICT systems supporting the operations of the service, ensuring compliance with evolving local and national standards.
2. To manage the council-wide contract for the council's property-based business support system (PBSS), including: responsibility for integration between services; managing invoices and queries re payment to suppliers; providing regular reviews and managing supplier performance in relation to contract criteria and SLAs; and, representing the council at regional user group meetings.
3. To research and promote best practice in systems development and application, and provide or commission templates, management reports, and statistical returns as required.
4. To develop and maintain systems to monitor and report on development trends (including: service demand / performance; land use; and, demographics) and policy performance.
5. To lead the development and maintenance of the ICT systems, templates and reports required for business planning, budget setting / monitoring and performance management in the service.
6. To work with communications and engagement colleagues re the service's website / content management system, including making updates and amendments and liaising re changes to structure and functionality.
7. To review and resolve problems and issues arising from the operation of all ICT systems used by business units, including upgrades and introduction of new systems.
8. To support non-primary systems used by business units, where consistent with corporate IT policy.
9. To work with officers in related services to maximise system integration, and with Lambeth ICT officers to develop council ICT systems, for corporate benefit.
10. To work with managers and staff to develop and implement training programmes to ensure staff are fully trained and conversant with the systems and ICT procedures used by the service.
11. To support the preparation of the annual business plan, and lead the development and implementation of specific project work packages, in support of service and business process reviews.
12. To provide service-focused business and financial management support, working with finance colleagues and service managers on: preparing key income and expenditure forecasts; monthly budget monitoring reporting; and quarterly and annual closedown of accounts.
13. To manage the preparation and co-ordination of internal and external performance returns, and assist in the analysis and presentation of detailed returns as required.
14. To manage the development of performance indicators / measures and appropriate monitoring arrangements. Assist in monitoring and evaluating objectives and outcomes.
15. To manage the effective response to internal and external audit recommendations, briefing the auditor and co-ordinating returns
16. To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
17. To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
18. To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
If interested you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As one of the longest established built environment specialist businesses in the UK, Eden Brown’s network and depth of knowledge is unrivalled. Our reputation is built on long term relationships that have been honed and developed over more than a quarter of a century.
Working from a network of seven offices throughout the UK, our consultants are niche sector experts in their respective disciplines covering architecture, construction, building services, facilities management & maintenance, surveying, engineering, interior design, and building maintenance.
Whether you are a candidate contemplating your next career move or a client planning your talent pipeline, we can provide access to the very best talent and the very best career opportunities.