Have you got proven experience of radio testing and compliance to a wide range of regulatory standards?
Do want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team working for an international organisation?
Are you looking for your next challenge?
Well the company is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Their network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 46,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains.
An opportunity has arisen for a full time, permanent Senior Radio/Wireless Test Engineer whereby you will demonstrate your extensive specialist technical skills and knowledge to interpret and support client requirements through various activities such as, testing customer equipment (wireless products) to a wide range of regulatory standards (European under Radio Equipment Directive (RED) & Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)) using sophisticated instruments.
The role will enable customers to ensure their products are produced safely, legally and meets the highest standards of quality prior to going to market. The Senior Radio/ Wireless Test Engineer will have considerable knowledge not only of systems, processes, and procedures but work activities of the broader team and the wider organisation. The company has invested in new R&S radio and wireless equipment TS 8997 System in the UK and has test labs in Europe, Asia and USA.
The role will involve:
- Relevant knowledge of Radio and EMC standards such as EN 300 220 & 328, EN 300 489 series and FCC rules
- Relevant knowledge on Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G & 5G modules and devices
- To review Technical Construction Files (TCF)
- To become Head of Notify Body for UK
- An Electronics or similar engineering degree or diploma or equivalent higher education/experience
- Experience of RED compliance and EMC testing & equipment
- Relevant knowledge of Radio and EMC standards such as EN 300 220 & 328, EN 300 489 series and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules
- Ability to document test results/ write reports
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role implementing change
- Ability to develop new tests or modify existing tests based on standards updates including identifying new equipment
- Good IT literacy skills (Microsoft Office)
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.