Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £70k + Company Benefits
An award winning multidisciplinary consultancy is looking to recruit an Associate level design engineer to join their Kent MEP Design Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career through to Partner level over the next 3 years. The business is looking for a driven individual that is looking for the opportunity to really push their career forward and have a say at the table.
This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with heat networks and detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of their successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing projects, influencing design and quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team. You will assist in the day-to-day management of the MEP team including client management, invoicing, team resources, and business development.
The culture in our client's team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for their professional quality service, enthusiasm and expertise in the built environment.
* Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
* Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as the MEP project lead.
* Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client.
* Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
* Prepare high quality information including technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
* Develop new and repeat business.
* Maintain regular contact with all clients.
* Monitor and review junior staff performance.
* Report resource and financial information to group Partners.
* Identify opportunities for new services and company development.
* Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
* Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
* Extensive experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
* Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
* Detailed knowledge of key Building Regulations (Part L, F, P, B) and CIBSE Guides (TM59, CP1).
* Hold membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).
* On a daily basis, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
* Each month ensure that progress reports and fee plans are completed and report achievement against targets to the group Partners.
* Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
* Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
* Maintain high quality project records and information.
* Ensure that invoices for the month are agreed and dispatched. Check outstanding invoices and follow up with Client.
* Attend/Chair group meetings.
* Assist in the performance and development reviews of junior staff reviews at half yearly intervals.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Jamie Wynne, call today on 0207 422 7463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As one of the longest established built environment specialist businesses in the UK, Eden Brown’s network and depth of knowledge is unrivalled. Our reputation is built on long term relationships that have been honed and developed over more than a quarter of a century.
Working from a network of seven offices throughout the UK, our consultants are niche sector experts in their respective disciplines covering architecture, construction, building services, facilities management & maintenance, surveying, engineering, interior design, and building maintenance.
Whether you are a candidate contemplating your next career move or a client planning your talent pipeline, we can provide access to the very best talent and the very best career opportunities.