We are recruiting on behalf of a client of ours for a Repair Technician, to join their team in Cardiff. The client is a worldwide leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business and industrial needs.
Purpose of the Role
The department in which the successful applicant will work within provides a return to base repair service to customers, for their devices whether in or out of warranty.
The Repair Technician's core responsibilities are to proactively diagnose and repair hardware & software faults for laptops, tablets and handheld PCs.
The ideal candidate will hold an appropriate academic and (or) vocational qualification in a relevant discipline. Candidates who can demonstrate the equivalent experience may also be considered.
- Repair Laptop, Tablet and Handheld PCs and accessories to a high standard using the documentation & diagnostic tools provided.
- The ability to completely assemble & disassemble laptop, tablet and handheld PCs and accessories such as docking stations.
- Carry out component level repairs on PCBs to a high standard
- Provide customer feedback via reports / email & telephone.
- Work as part of a team, supporting peers and Section Leaders as requested.
- Achieve key targets & deadlines with excellent quality output.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Appropriate academic and (or) vocational qualification e.g. HNC, HND, OND, ONC, ICT or equivalent qualification in engineering or electronic.
- Experience in a similar position with proven quality track record.
- Proven understanding of software & electrical systems.
- Computer literacy should include (but not be limited to) standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Oracle Siebel & Microsoft SharePoint applications advantageous.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and establish good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Must be able to resolve customer issues with a high level of professionalism.
- Highly diligent and tenacious, able to work on own initiative.
- Robust problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and with changing priorities.
- Flexible to respond to business needs.
- Able to travel at short notice occasionally required.
Keywords; Technician, Repair, Diagnose, Diagnostic, Hardware, Software, PCB's, Engineering, Electronic, Electrical.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceTechnician, Repair, Diagnose, Diagnostic, Hardware, Software, PCBs, Engineering, Electronic, Electrical.
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.