Diagnostic / Software Operator
We are recruiting on behalf of a client of ours for a Diagnostic / Software Operator, to join their team in Cardiff. The client is a worldwide leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business and industrial needs.
Purpose of the Role
The scope of responsibilities will be to work within a small team, testing repaired units ensuring TAT (turnaround time) is achieved, using PC Check, re-image units that require Windows to be deployed, validate unit has the correct parameters applied and to record Technician output on the daily recording sheet.
· Collecting repaired units from Technicians
· Follow Work Instructions to ensure correct configuration of units (BOM viewer, by customer)
· Using PC Check - test each repaired unit to ensure the hardware is functional
· Units that require re-imaging - attach unit to NextCell and image via the imaging console (imaging requirement indicated by Technician)
· Client Specific Hardware Test - running Win2Go USB stick and boot into the testing environment - run the businesses Hardware Test (WiFi, Time/Date and WWAN testing) and then save results to Midas for Service
· Update status in Siebel
· Add repaired units to Service tracking sheet
· Clean the units ready for QC inspection
· Save PC Check results in daily folder at the end of each working day
· Work closely with the QC inspector to ensure correct level of inspection is carried out (100%, 50%)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Experience in a similar position, in a fast-paced environment.
· Background with PC Hardware & Software skills and (or) working knowledge.
· Experience of Siebel and Microsoft office is advantageous.
· Highly driven with a proactive, can do attitude, to drive business improvement activities
· Must be able to establish good relationships.
· Highly diligent and resilient, able to work on own initiative
· Strong team working, collaboration and multi-tasking skills
· Flexible to respond to business needs
Keywords; Diagnostics, testing, test, quality, inspection, PC hardware/ software, configuration, PC-Check.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceDiagnostics, testing, test, quality, inspection, PC hardware/ software, configuration, PC-Check, technician.
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.